Baby schedule examples?

I am told that when a baby is around 4-5 months old, its best to start a schedule for the baby...It would be a great help if you could please share your schedules so that I can get an idea to go go about it.How did you start, when did you start, what helped , what did not , what nap routine, what nighttime routine etc...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they usually kind of make their own schedule, and you can make tweaks to it. for example, my daughter has always been a night owl, she hated going to bed before 12 at that age, so each night i put her down 30 mins earlier. and she knew it was bed time because she got her bottle, then her bath, then cuddle time with mommy and daddy for a bit (like we would all lay down on the couch and watch a sitcom or something) then we would read her a book then another bottle or straight to bed depending on how long it all takes or if we cut cuddle time short. and we would just start earlier each night. now she is 3 and in bed by 9:30 we still do the same routine, have cut out cuddling time and turned it into longer story time so she still gets to cuddle but is reading a book to us (making it up by the pictures) or one of us reading to her. but really just go by her schedule she already has one you just may not realize it. CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well my son gets up at about 9 il feed him breakfast then.... and around 10 - 10:30 I'll give him a small bottle just to help him to get sleep..... and with night time it's pretty much the same thing he will eat his dinner, bath, then a 4oz bottle
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• keep track of when she does major things: wakes up, eats, naps, gets tired at night etc...for a few days and you'll notice it is usually with in an hour of the same time every day. then add in your little tweeks from there
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• He woke up at 630 every morning
    I nursed him and fed him 2 jars of babyfood (fruit) one with a little cereal in it and one plain jar
    9 i Nursed again
    10:00 was his morning nap
    12 was lunch. Nursed him and 1 jar fruit 1 jar veggies
    2 was afternoon nap (he fell asleep while I nursed him)
    4 nursed again
    6 dinner. nursed, 2 jars of veggies (1 with cereal mixed in and 1 regular) and 1 jar of fruit
    7 bath time
    8 nursed and bed time

In between all that we played and did 'outings' that needed to be done...
    I never realized how much he ate til I just wrote it all lol. Hes gonna be 2 on Sat and is still on a great schedule (its different then that one of course) :)

Its best to get them used to a schedule because they get used to it and their bodies react at certain times. Like now nap time is 1pm everyday and he knows after lunch its naptime and there is no fighting about it. His body and mind are ready for i
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I started my daughter on a schedule when she was 4 months. here was her schedule.
    make sure you have a set time for baby to take a nap.(which a 4 month old is probably still taking 2-3 naps a day.)
    my daughter would wake up at 7am and ate rice/oatmeal cereal with fruit.and have a 4-6 oz bottle depending on how much your baby eats-you'll adjust. give her some tummy time in the floor for about an hour. you could also put her in a bouncer and let her watch baby einstein movies. mine loved it.
    laid her down for nap at 11am and slept til 1pm. put her in her walker/exersaucer until lunch was done. i would feed her a meat and veggie. 4-6 oz bottle. another nap at 4pm wake up at 6pm at that time i would give her dinner, jar of meat, veggie and fruit and then at 7 i would give her a bath and a massage, give her a 6-8 oz bottle and read her a book for about 20 minutes. don't let baby fall asleep in your arms. lay them down awake
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my daughter has since slept through the night and is not really fussy unless she is teething. i have adjusted her schedule since she is older and does not get a bottle she is 17 months old and she and her 3 year old brother have the same schedule gets up at 8 eats breakfast, eats a snack around 10am and they play until lunchtime at 1200pm and they take a nap from 1-3 (that's mommy time) they wake up play have a snack at 4 and have dinner and a bath to follow at 8pm they are in bed and asleep by 9pm good luck how old is your child??
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I know other mommies might disagree with this but I don't really believe in putting my son on a set schedule. He lets me know when he's hungry and he gets fed. He lets me know when he's tired and he takes a nap. It's usually within the same 2 hour time frame each day, but he does his own scheduling. Sometimes it's a problem if he naps late, and he might go to bed a little later but I figure if he's happy that way and it works than it works. The only thing routine about his "schedule" is bedtime. At around 7-8pm he gets his last jar of food with some cereal, then a bath, then a book, then a bottle, then night night!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009