• In the Spotlight:

My aunt and my dad's family

used to never pay much attention to me because I wasn't a "good girl who loved god and church" while growing up. I was always a bit of a trouble maker, but ended up growing up and maturing much more quickly than other people. Once I became pregnant all of a sudden they all started paying attention to me and definitely seemed to care more about what I had to say or questions that I had. Now my son is four months old and I guess I'm too mature for my cousins to feel comfortable talking to me and too young for adults to think I'd like talking to them.

My question is...what do I do? I was so happy feeling apart of the family while pregnant and now it's just back to normal. No one seems to care and I'm almost completely left out besides the same old questions like, "How old is your baby?" and "Is he a good sleeper?". I can hold a conversation just as good as anyone else but it just doesn't seem like they're intereste

ours

Asked by ours at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Can you get counselling and maybe have your relatives join? Maybe ask them how a certain part of babyhood was handled by them? You're worthy with or without them. Libraries and bookstores have lots of mommy and me tmes for free too. And libraries have adult times too that are'nt specially for adult couples to share instead it's about interest to draw in more people. Try that for time for yourself too? Best Wishes to Baby mommy!!
    Anonymous

• Try to involve them. Ask for their advice with the baby, even if you don't need it or intend to follow it. You need to get the adults to see that you are an adult as well, and you can interact with them as such.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 5:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009