I'm pregnant and I've had a sinus headach for 5 days now, What Can I take???

Heather10285

Asked by Heather10285 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• The only thing I ever took was tylenol. Your doctor should give you a list of meds you can take.
    amyrufft

Answer by amyrufft at 4:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I feel your pain!!! I have an arsenal of tools-- first, get some menthol cough drops to help with the congestion.

Get a Neti Pot-- and rinse out your sinuses morning and night with warm saline solution. I use 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of baking soda per 2 C of water. Gross, yes, but it works!

At night, get those breathe-right strips and rub a little vick's vaporub under your nose and on the strip.

When it's really bad-- get a sleep mask that has beads (I personally think it's rice) that you can microwave. The heat will help to loosen things up.

I've found that using the Neti pot has cleared out my sinuses (it takes a few days) to the point I can generally breathe well.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• A warm shower is also helpful. I was told I could take any of the Tylonol sinus or cold products, but you should ask your Dr. first........
    sweetbabyme

Answer by sweetbabyme at 4:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009