how do you freeze meals?

Like soups, lasagna, ziti, or meatloaf.

Looking for lots of suggestions!

Thanks

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i just stick it in tupperware and freeze it that way. as for things that need to be baked, i buy the aluminum baking dishes you can throw away, bake them in there then freeze them in there (those usually come with a top too) i write with perm marker (others come off after being frozen) what it is, when i froze it and how to reheat it (in case its not me doing it) on the lid of the ones that throw away or on a index card taped to the top of tupperware.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Lasagnas and cooked pastas like ziti usually get a layer of plastic wrap (on the same container i baked them in) then a layer of foil. I put soup in a tupperware to freeze it.. and we never had leftover meatloaf.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• line the pan (cassarole dish) with foil sprayed with PAM then put your food in the foil , freeze and then you can take it out of the pan and reurn it to the freezer and not occupy you pan. when ready pop it out of the foil and into the pan when you are ready. Am I making sense???
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/yf/foods/fn403         i used this guide when i started freezing meals.   i will make huge lasagna for only a few bucks more then a small one and have like 3 meals out of it.   and its nice on the days that i feel lazy and don't want to cook, just trow it in the oven.   

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I use my food saver. It works so good..I recommend it to everyone. I can make a huge lasagna and cut it into smaller pieces and vacuum seal the portions. I will take leftover pot roast, chop it in cubes, vacuum seal it and use it for soup or stew later.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009