tonsils taken out

my daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed at 2 yrs and 2 months. she was a very heavy snorer (louder than my husband who isn't a small man) and wouldn't eat certain foods. after the surgery the doctor told me that when they got in there they realized she only had use of 15% of her airway, which was why everything was so bad and she didn't eat alot of meats etc...anyways i am wondering, i am pregnant with my second what are the chances he will have the same problem? anyone else have this happen to them?

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 4:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• My oldest had his taken out when he was three because of snoring and sleep apnea. I have a 2 year old and a 12 month old also and I don't think either of them will need theirs out. I haven't noticed them having any of the symptoms that my oldest had.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• NO, I don't know but was she a choker at all as a baby/early toddler? My son chokes and throws up on SO many foods, just wondering if that relates.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have all my childrens tonsils taken out as soon as they can (2-4 years). We had a problem with our first son and he died. I won't take that chance again, they just get taken out.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my daughter was not a choker no, she just refused to eat foods she had to chew much..she ate alot of fruits and breads. thanks ashley its just something that had been bothering me and i kept forgetting to ask the dr about. my daughters apnea was horrible they kept saying we will wait til shes 3 but then did the sleep study and they were like those need to come out now.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009