Do you have a bad employment history?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kind of, but I can put a good spin on it, and it hasn't stopped me yet.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Nope. I've only had one job that lasted under 2 years. And only 2 jobs since I turned 18. I've been with my current company for almost 4 years! Not bad for only going on 22 years old.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yeah. I've only had 3 jobs (fast food and movie theater) and I left all of them on very short notice.
    Anonymous

• Sort of. Most of the jobs I have had have only been for 6 or 8 months. All but 2 of those were seasonal jobs, one I had to leave because I got pregnant and my husband didnt like me driving that far to work (and I was soo sick), and the other was because I was moving out of state.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Lol...no. Not what I include on a resume anyway. You and I have talked about my waitressing experience...that doesn't make it to my resume.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• kabbot, your waitressing story is hilarious!!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well I thought mine was good I had a high school job at a grocery store, then I was home with DS for his first 5 1/2 years then 1 job for 8 years, 2 years was able to go to school full time with DH pay to support us. Sounds stable, that's good however I was told by SEVERAL people when they called " Im sorry we have gone with someone else.....You also don't have a good variety in your work experience" WTF I thought stability was important!

It took me almost a year to find a job, graduated last May start a new job next Monday.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• finding jobs is funny cause ya you'd think that having one job or a good job for a while would be good, but like my mother worked 16 years at one job as a production manager as well as a few other manager positions and she keeps getting told that she's over qualified. Now what's up with that. Stupid people scared she's gonna come in and take their jobs?
    But ya mine is ok, but since I stay home with the kids don't really matter right now. Even after they're in school I'll probably just get like a barista job or something.
    mommyjulia

Answer by mommyjulia at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009