More Children???

Me and the guy i have been dating are talking about marriage.... He has mentioned that he wants kids. I already have an 8 month old son and I really really dont want and more children... I know this is affecting us.... And I completely understand wanting to have a child of your own, My son is from a different father.... I have told him i dont want anymore kids, but he still insists on having one.... What can I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I would ask him to give it some time. Your son is still young....you may change your mind when he gets a little bit older!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 4:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If you really love this guy then keep your mind open. You may change your mind when your son is older. He's only 8 months old right now. Dont close that door completely right now, because you may very well change your mind.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• If he loves you he will not keep on insisting you have one. Tell him you are not wanting another child and if in the future you change your mind then you will let him know.

Having a baby needs to be a two way thing, not one. So make sure he does not pressure you in to having one and if it effects your relationship that much, me personally would reconsider going out with this guy as if he can't respect you do not want another child, is he really worth it?.
    Blondielicious

Answer by Blondielicious at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't marry someone who didn't agree on how many children we're going to have. That's a deal breaker

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would say that with an 8 month old son, it's best not to commit either way to that decision. If you had asked me when my dd was 8 months old if I wanted more, I would have told you you were nuts. I haven't slept in months, why one earth would I do that?? Lol. But, now she's 20 months, and I'm pregnant with our second. I wanted this baby more than anything, and that started when dd turned about a year old. I don't think you can say for certain either way right now.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 5:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would be honest and tell your new guy that you don't want anymore kids right now.and you may or may not want more in the future.You may change your mind, may not.He has to decide what his next move will be.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009