What's your style of conflict resolution?

This is piggy backing the question "go to bed mad". I would like to know how you guys handle conflict in your marriage/relationships. How does your dh/so handle things. When problems arise do you insist on tackiling them upfront or do you prefer to avoid them and hide. Do you guys work together or do you work against each other. Do you or dh/so want to be right or do you guys want whats best. And last but not least, do conflicts in your relationship push you apart or pull you closer together as the two of you share a common interest (your relationship)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• We view it as team work. We don't battle one another. We work together for our common goals and interests.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 4:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We let it go for a few days until we both have time to clear our heads and then we talk. We can't talk if we're still even a little mad because then it will just turn into another argument. He can probably let it go without talking but I on the other hand have to make sure I say what I need to say lol. I'm just happy he listens.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• we go to our respective "corners" and think things out then decide if they are really worth arguing over. My SO is passive-aggressive so he won't yell at me and I'm emotional and I like to yell. I have had to accept his silence until we think things through method. It's been hard for me but I'm hanging in there. I'd rather yell and get it over with but I can see how his way works.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We used to yell and fight.We don't anymore.I don't feel the need to prove to him how right I am to him.He still does sometimes, but I will just walk away from him.and tell him when he isn't mad and yelling, I'll TALK to him.He usually goes off and sulks and then is okay.
    You and your s/o have to agree to disagree sometimes.there are some things you or he will never change your opinion on.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009