my son is 9mo he doesnt crawl or talk should i be worried

i lay him on the mat for tummy time and he just kicks alot ,he will babble a little but not really just alot of grunting should i be worried

blakelowersmama

Asked by blakelowersmama at 4:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well,its a little early for words, but, he understands you! As far as crawling some just crawl a little bit on to walking. Grunting and babbleing is his way of talking, so just keep talking to him and poof there he goes. Don't worry about what other babies are doing either, thats the worse thing to do. He will do everything in his own time.My daughter didn't starting cralwling til 10 months and I don't think she ever walked, she took off running by a year☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Every child is different, don't compare because you'll worry yourself. My son's cusin never crawled, she went straight to walking at 13 months. Babbling is good, if he was silent then you would worry, but any noise is great! He's fine, you shouldn't worry! If your that worried take him to his doctor but they're going to tell you the same thing. Every child is different, dead God all this autism has got people going crazy! Seriously your son is on track!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 4:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree. I was always told babies do things when they are ready. They all do things at different times. I noticed a difference in how fast my kids did everything. One started crawling at 10 months the other one at 5 months.
    amyrufft

Answer by amyrufft at 4:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Some babies crawl as early as 4 months, most can crawl with their tummies full off the ground by 10 months BUT many never crawl at all.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc

Talking doesn't happen until 14 to 18 months and then it's just a few words. By 8 months, most can say mama and/or dada but not to the correct person. By 11 months, most use them for the right person. By 13 months, most use 2 additional words. By 18 months doctors like to see 10 to 20 words. By 24 months, doctors are looking for 2 word phrases. By 30 months most can use 4 to 5 word sentences. By 36 months, most can hold short conversations. Keep in mind that pronunciation lags WAY behind this. Most kids are still learning to say some sounds correctly at 5 years old.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-13-to-18-months_1496589.bc

if you are concerned, talk to your doctor and get an evaluation.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009