• In the Spotlight:

Would you go away for4 months?( not reall p&ce, but I didn't know where else to put it.)

If you had a chance to go through a training course that lasted 4 months, on the other side of the country, and when you finished you would have a lucrative, stable, career, would you? If that same training course, that you would get paid to go through paid good money, and the same course in school would cost 10-12,000.00 and take 6 years to earn a bachelors in the same field, would you? What if you had a family? But it would better life dramatically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If it is what you want to do and will make you happy then go for it, I know I would, especially if the outcome is good.
    Blondielicious

Answer by Blondielicious at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i probably would. i wouldnt like it, but my husband is navy and leaves all the time to take care of our family. if i could better our life and it would only take 4 months to do so, why not. my daughter isn't going to run around for the rest of her life thinking i abandoned her shes 3 and knows daddy didnt abandon her, hes just at work for longer than other daddies. def would do it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'd have to question what kind of training you could receive in 4 months that would conventionally take 6 years, that would secure your future! Sounds like an illegal scam/ponzi type scheme!

Besides, in my opinion, the time to go to school and establish your career is BEFORE you get married and have children. But that's just me! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I probably would, by the way youre explaining the situation. Four months away from your kiddos in order to give them a better life is better than a life time of struggling. Though- this situation sounds unrealistic.. I hope this isnt something someone told you you can do, is it?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• "Besides, in my opinion, the time to go to school and establish your career is BEFORE you get married and have children. But that's just me! :o)"

Ah, some of us are less fortunate and werent able to do it that way.. So we must work with what we got :P
    BEXi

• I'm with Bexi - I'm kinda doing things backwards myself.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• lol jennijune damn that backwards thing...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Its not a scam. I've been in the hospitality industry for 13 years, and this would be training to work in a prestigious restaurant group. Good restaurant groups usually train their own way, so you are who they want you to be to run their restaurants.

PS.... I thought being a stay at home mom was what I wanted years ago. But given the current economic mess we're in, my husband lost his job, so I figured I'd cowgirl up and do something besides go on welfare and loss my home, thank you very much!! Are you the same person you were 5 years ago Lori?? I hope not. Life is about growing and changing every day!!
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:07

Since I am 40, I am pretty much the same person I was 5 years ago...still a SAHM (though more experienced), married, mom of 2. However, with that Master's Degree I earned 15 years ago, that has been collecting dust for the past 8 years I have been a SAHM, I (already started) will be working as a full-time as a substitute teacher. SO I will be "growing" in a completely different field from those I had done previously, and it won't affect our home life, as I'll be home when my husband and children are home (weekends, evenings, holidays, vacations, summers, etc.), and the best part is I'll be earning an EASY $24k/year (remember that's for 180 days worth of work)--with none of the typical responsibilities of a regular teacher (grading and prepping)!

Just working with what I've got too! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well ain't you just the cats fucking meow! We all wish to be as perfect as you.

PS... I'm 34, was married 2 years BEFORE having any children, and I hope to God that when I'm 40, I am NOT the same person I was when 35, especially ONLY making 24k/ a year!!!
    Anonymous