Does it hurt to have sex for the first time after a total hysterectomy?

I had a total hysterectomy 6 weeks ago.(abdominal incision) I have had a couple of set backs- had to be resutured after3 weeks and where the drain tube was got infected. The Dr. said it is ok to have sex and my husband is more than ready, I'm just really fearfull that it is going to hurt or tear the area where the cervex used to be. Any advice?

sweetbabyme

Asked by sweetbabyme at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• just try, if it hurts say sorry not happening. i dont know about a hysterectomy but i do know after my c-sec even with the green light him or me on top hurt too much. we would lay on our sides and have sex that way. there was no pressure on my incision site and neither one of us could push too far in. so i say just try a diff position if not, then there is always oral for him and if you just arent in the mood for you than nothing, or oral for you or hands
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009