how early is too early

to be having braxton hicks? i am about 5 1/2 months and have started having bad ones where i have worried i might be going into labor. i have had 2 falls only one resulting in me hitting my tummy. my do said there shouldnt be any problems but then they started. i also have started having bloody noses there have been 3 this month. im starting to worry but my baby's kicking is good and the false contractions arent all the time. this is my 2nd pregnancy but my first ended in induction 3 weeks early so i dont quite know what to think. so how early is too early to have them and should i be worried at all or is it normal?

Autumnleaves09

Asked by Autumnleaves09 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your fine i started having them around 18 weeks . the bloody noses lol normal i get them all the time too .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• mine started around then and i felt the same way (i hadnt fallen but was induced and didnt remember ever having BH contractions with her) as long as they go away i wouldnt worry, i still have them and am now 34 weeks, but i just drink a glass of water and lay on my side and as long as they go away i dont worry about it. if they keep up after drinking water or laying on your side (they say the left side is better) than you should see the dr
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Totally normal. I had braxton hicks with both of my pg's starting at around 19wks. And the bloody nose is probably due to hormones.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 4:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I got the bloody noses with my last pregnancy. Yuck. They made my stool black, too, which was scary! Braxton Hicks contractions are completely normal at this stage. I get them alot, too. My midwife says the only difference between them and normal contractions is that the Braxton Hicks actually stop (eventually.) Call your doc if you have more than 6 of them in an hour.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't think there is an appropriate time to start having them. I think that as the uterus expands and the baby gets heavier, your body reacts. When they start, try drinking some water. Getting low on hydration can make your uterus cramp & tighten. Lay down if you can, and see how often they come. If you're still concerned in another month or so, talk to your Dr. There are things they can do to calm your uterus if they think you're in danger of premature labor.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 4:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009