How would peoples lives change if there were no television?

1. Families would be closer , stronger!
2. People would have to be more resourceful
3 there would have to be new ways of communicating, or sharing important topics

Im doing an essay and i need 3 main points. I think the last two are to similar.

Anyone with fresh eyes have ideas? Thanks in advance :)

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You wouldn't have couch potatoes. People would get outside more

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 5:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Got some!! woohoo!!

But i would still like any suggestions !
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Children would develop more mentally in that they would be getting out and using their imaginations and playing pretend . . . not parked in front of a computer or television all day long.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We ration the TV time.. So I have found that my kids are much more active, they play outside until dark, play more together in their rooms, draw/color create more art projects. Learn from their Dad out in the garage instead of being seduced in front of the TV... These are just things I've noticed compared to a lot of families with kids that we know...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• DAIJA. i just thought of that one! People would be more out going right.
    Anyone else?
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• People would be more productive. Children and adults, for that matter, would have to use their imagination. Maybe you could find some statistics on obesity-Are there a significant number of obese/overweight people who are chronic t.v. watchers?
    Anonymous

• I never thought about it - we rarely watch tv at all.
    Computers, on the other hand, are beginning to take up a lot of mine and my family's time. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Would probably be less violence, and people would probably be a little less anxious without all the scares that the media loves to portray.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We don't have a TV in our home. My son at 6 has only seen a couple of shows at grandmas or his friends homes. We are a much closer family than most I know. We are more physically fit since we go out for a walk after dinner during the week. On the weekends we are out doing something together as a family. My son is not exposed to so many negative things. There is enough of that in the world he does not need TV to reinforce it. My son is not exposed to commercials so he does not think he needs so many things.

Life without a TV is great.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! This is some great stuff for my essay!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009