Does anyone know of a FREE virus cleanup to download?

My computer keeps telling me that I have 14 SERIOUS viruses on it. It keeps kicking me out of programs, so obviously something is wrong. I don't really want to spend $100.00 on virus protection right now...so I was wondering if there is a virus protection/clean up that can be downloaded for free?

Jazzbo

Asked by Jazzbo at 5:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• you don't have spy/virus protection on?bad idea!you can get it for around $40-go to best buy
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Try AVG.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Trend has a free scan but I don't know about clean up? Maybe Avast? What a bummer...14?? Yikes!

Wheres_the_Luv

Answer by Wheres_the_Luv at 7:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• avg- go to free.avg.com
    also google ad-aware and download it from lava soft's site. It deals with spy ware/cookies.
    Both are free and effective.
    jacobsmommy0828

Answer by jacobsmommy0828 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Spybot search and destroy is free and it immunizes your pc from future nasties.Direct download is here

If you don't have anti-virus and something is telling you have critical errors, it makes me suspicious as to what is telling you this. That's a classic sign of malware and rogue software that tell you you're infected and want you to buy their fake product.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Malware Bytes Anti-malware is also GREAT. It was the only thing that removed trojan vundo from my pc.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 9:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Also you don't have to pay for your programs, but you need to learn about torrents and peer sharing, and you can download them for free. I don't know how experienced you are.. but if you're looking for a one time fix I can direct you to trials and stuff that will clean you out for now. If you want a more permanent solution you either need to pay for something to clean it, or learn to download it for free like I do... which requires a bit of learning. Your choice. I'm happy to help if you're interested. Tell me what you're experiencing and I'll tell you where to go and what to get to fix it.. I've had just about everything under the sun lol, and DH fixes pcs for fun/extra cash.
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009