Neighbors husband makes me feel really uncomfortable..... don't know how to handle it??

Long and short, I lived in not so good neighborhoods when I was pulling myself up through the financial ranks. When I was younger, this sort of thing didn't affect me so bad. But now, it's been 20 years since I've had to live in a not so good neighborhood. I keep to myself (only talk to one neighbor, sometimes ). Across the street is a man who is always home. They have lots and lots of seedy characters in and out of their place. Today, I go to get in my car and he and some guy that's more seedy looking that him are outside and they just literally turn my way and start staring at me. Went to the corner store, came back and as I'm getting out of my car I hear them talking, the neighbor is saying "yeah, man. her husband is always gone and that shit's like free white meat" then they both laugh. I don't know they were talking about me, but I felt like it. This scares the crap out of me... cuz my husband IS gone a lot working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• i read an article that said most police stations have an officer who will come to your house and tell you were you can add safety features, maybe call your non emergency number and see if they have one (it was in cosmo i think it was an article about living alone) but i would always lock up and try not to go out too much after dark. close your curtains and keep your cell phone nearby.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Keep your eyes and ears open and make sure you lock all the doors behind you. It could be that you are just "putting off" a sense that you are scared in the environment that you are in and they are picking up on it and being a$$holes about it. Not sure about the comments but it could also be a cultural thing as well. I always get stares from Asian dudes because of my hair color.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Ask your husband what to do

Answer by admckenzie at 6:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• thats creepy. i feel for you
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would not have like that either.Pretend to be a bad ass infront of them, don't act scared even if you areThat should make them stay away.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009