Easter - how much in the easter basket is enough?

My husband and I are trying to teach our kids (especially the oldest) to be thankful no matter what. It seems that they get so much, they aren't grateful ( the oldest is my stepson and goes between houses, combined he has EVERYTHING). For his basket we go him a new leather baseball glove, a t-shirt , and a bubble stick , along with all of the candy. Our youngest is just one and in his basket , we are going to put an outfit , a cartoon DVD , a bubble stick, and he has a little shovel and rake (a dollar at the dollar store ) .. Is that enough ?

HuntersMom01

Asked by HuntersMom01 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• my daughter is 3 she is getting; candy, ms potatoe head, a dvd, cd (both were free w/a gift cert i had to use or it would expire), bubbles, water guns, sidewalk chalk, and sand molds. (all the last things are dollar store i like to get her toys she can use outside since its getting warmer and she only gets like 2 pieces of candy so)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes I think it is plenty.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes, I think that's fine.

Haha vabcmommy did you get your daughter the cute bunny potatoe head, thats what we got our daughter!
    Anonymous

• hehe ya i did, she played with one in daycare all the time and shes not in daycare anymore so i just had to get it (i think i get her so much b/c her bday is the week before xmas so there is no chance of her getting a new set of toys for summer so i tend to get all the little stuff for easter for her)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• This year I got her a scooter,bike lock,some candy,can't remember what else.Oh also got her a stuffed duck I got from college.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 8:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• What ever happened to just candy in the basket. When did it become like christmas? Oh, by the way yeah I get all that in our baskets too. (it's just what happened to just candy or small trinkets)
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 8:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think that is plenty. If it helps in future years, my mom used to do "Theme baskets" ....one year for my brothers she took a big popcorn tub like you buy at the movies and filled it with 2 movie tickets, a DVD and candy. They loved it. She has used baseball caps as the basket and filled them with gift certificates, etc. too. I think boys are harder.....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 8:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2009