• In the Spotlight:

Which is worse?

Outright in your face racism/bigotry where someone openly hates others who are gay or a different religion or a different color. People who believe all gays (who are probably child molesters too) are going to hell, all blacks are genetically predisposed to be criminals or all non-Christians = atheists or satanists.

or

Politically correct, condescending racism/bigotry where people adopt that "talking to a little kid" tone and stereotype everyone different as being perfect and incapable of doing wrong. People who cannot bring themselves to criticize someone with a different skin color or sexual orientation, even if those physical characteristics have nothing to do with the issue at hand?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I definitely agree that PC is worse. I would rather have someone honestly say they hate someone than have a wishy washy PC noncommittal answer. Then I can avoid the bigot.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the politically correct kind. if you are gonna be a racist as* or not like me b/c im a female or whatever. tell it to my face (or whoevers) and come right out and show your true self, dont try to hide it. that pisses me off even more. my husbands grandfather (granted the man is 90 so theres not much to change) is a racist as* and i can't sit in his house for more than 20 mins. i can't show them bday party pics or pics of my daughter and her friends b/c my best friend is black her fiance is white so the kids are mixed and the one time he saw her first bday pic and one of the boys was in it he said something. so i told him fine, i just wont bring any more pics with me and you wont get to see any. then i left, i cant do it and i cant keep my mouth shut no matter how hard i try (if he was younger i'd really go off but like i said hes 90)...sorry i get heated about racism i think its a bunch of crap
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The PC people. Say what you mean, at least I can respect that.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the PC ones. you can't get away with out right smacking them upside the head for being an A-hole.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• the PC ones. you can't get away with out right smacking them upside the head for being an A-hole

If you are so inclined, I suppose........

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• oh and gays aren't child molesters. you A-hole.

Do I really need to explain that to you in small words or did you only read the words you wanted to?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• they both suck but i suppose to pc one is worse.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The best part about life is: those aren't my only two choices.
    Anonymous

• The PC ones. Honesty is better than PC BS.  

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'd say the PC ones too. Everyone knows the open bigiots for what they are and can discount what they say because of it. The PC bigots are much more insidious.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009