Online College?

Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'm starting in the fall. i am taking classes through a community college but online...hopefully it works out!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You mean do we know of any? I have been taking online classes in order to get my associates degree. There is a local college near me that offers fully online classes for people who have jobs and kids what have you, so I have been able to take all of my classes exclusively online and it has not been too god awful expensive.
    I looked into other colleges that are online like Westwood and Phoenix and you could get your degree through them also but it was expensive, the college in my county is only 50 dollars per credit hour so I have been able to pay for it all with a government pell grant.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 5:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Check your local community college first - they do full degrees online and they only cost about a quarter of what it does at the schools that are online only (Phoenix, etc). Plus they use real books instead of ones specific to the school so you can get them cheaper at places like half.com instead of paying $200/book and having to buy it from the school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• check out the local community college first before any online college. You can take the pre requirements course online with much lower price with community college. The credits are good for most college and university arond the nation.

If you are taking any biology classes, you need to think agin. It will be much better if you can have a teacher lecture and answer your questions. A real model to look and touch, you remember better when you have someone to tell you this and that.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yes, I got my Master's online. It took 2 years. I started when my kids were 5 years old and 3 months old.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I just earned my second Associate's online through CTU on March 28th and will be beginning my Bachelor's program on May 20th with the same college. I love it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009