help any inexpensive ideas for a birthday cake or dessert that my 6 year old will like?

bnbsmom64

Asked by bnbsmom64 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Buy a mix and icing for cake that is usually under $3. Brownie mixes are under $2. Ice cream is cheap too. Rice crispy treats are cheap too.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My 2 year old loves strawberry shortcake. Buy cake mix that is white. Add cut up strawberries to the mix and follow directions. Then top with whipped cream and strawberries. It's so good and better then the sugar and stuff from regular icing.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i allways make my ds bday cakes, box mix n icing from the store $3
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i saw a journal post earlier about tye-die cupcakes, they were really neat and inexpensive to make. there is also a recipe for it on allrecipes.com
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Dirt!!! A pudding mixture of cream cheese, pudding, cool whip and crushed oreo's served in a pail and adorned with gummy worms. There are lots of recipes on-line, I even made it low sugar using sugar free substitutions for a diabetic child in my daughters class.
    Alimomof2393

Answer by Alimomof2393 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• one bowl chocolate dump cake, carrot cake or muffins, rice krispie squares, cookies are always a hit!
    toola

Answer by toola at 5:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You probably have everything you need in the cupboard to make a cake without spending any money. Search for a recipe for a cooked frosting like 7 minute frosting. You don't need confectioners sugar for many cooked frostings, just regular or brown sugar.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2009