i think i have a yeast infection.

called to dr today and he is not in until Monday but nurse said i probably had a yeast infection but she just said to get Monistat. i am sending my hubby to get it when he gets off work but what do i tell him to get? 1 day , 3 day, 7 day i have never had to get this before and didn’t know to ask the nurse what one to get. do i need a combo pack or what. i was looking a walgreens.com to tell him exactly what to get and i have no idea. cant call the dr back because they close early on Wednesdays

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your pregnant?
    that is weird they would tel you to get that i have always heard to never use the over the counter meds like that . i always got a antibiotic from my dr.

if they said for you to then id say the 7 day so its not as strong all at once ya know .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• when i had a yeast infection my ob said monistat 7 day treatment the 1day treatment had to much meds for apregnant women
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would get your husband to talk to the pharmacist. Get him to tell them you are pregnant and have the symptoms for a yeast infection. The pharmacy should be able to tell him what is better for you. I have also heard that the 7 day is better to use when you are pregnant.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am going through the same thing. My OB called me in a generic 7 day treatment and I bought a 1 day pack. The pharmacist told me they didn't feel comfortable answering that question because I am pregnant. My OB said this is a normal thing and the baby is safe. I have never had a y-infect before so looking at this kit and reading instructions I am scared. Good Luck.
    Simplyme623

Answer by Simplyme623 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009