Dealing with my MIL drives me nuts! Does she not think?

Last week we found out that we may be having another little girl. Today we found out that we are deff. having another girl. With my first dd my MIL would say "oh I wish you were having a boy, I want it to be a boy, dont you want to give dan a boy" etc. This time she had to come in the ultrasound room with me and when we found out for sure it was a girl she said the same things. I had explained to her with my first child how this made me feel and now she is doing it again, my 1st is only 9 months(so it wasnt that long ago). I have had two miscarriages in the past so all I really want is for my children to be ok and healthy and it upsets me to hear that she isnt happy on what we are getting(and she claims to be christian and she cant get over what god is giving us) any suggestions or stories similar to make me feel better, my mood for the day is shot after that!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow id say tell her that u cant pick the sex of ur baby but unlike her u love it either way. say yes i wanna give him a boy but i cant do that on demand. she needs to understand that u cant make a boy when u want u dont get to chose and there will be time to hav a boy. either way u shouldnt hav to hav kids just cause she wants a boy so if ur done thats ok tell her to get over it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my MIL never bought anything for my daughter while i was preg. and told me my feelings were wrong and the ultrasound was wrong it was a boy she "just knew it", now she has come to love my daughter. however i'm preg again and this time its a boy, we found out in feb, she has sent me about 10 packages since then of baby boy stuff, im like uhhh what happened to my daughters stuff?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Um maybe you should give her a little lesson on how the sex of a baby is determined. HER SON! When she says "don't you want to give Dan a boy?" Um it is the male sperm that decides the sex of the baby and she is an idiot for thinking that either of you have control over it. I would just tell her straight up...we are having another girl so get over it. We might never have a boy so get over that one too. Tell her she should be happy that she has any grandchildren at all. I would not hold back in telling her this. It is so rude of her to be acting so immature. I wanted a girl but was not 1 bit disappointed when I found out I'm having a boy. My mom wanted a girl as well but she is just as happy for me that I am having a boy. And if anyone was disappointed in what I was having I would tell them be happy for me or get out of my life. Ha we pregnant women have enough to deal with and MIL's need to learn to back off.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• im sorry.. i wish i could help.. i dont have those issues with my MIL but oh my god sometimes i could tie her mouth closed hahah..

she needs to get over herself and realize that she is getting a brand new grandbaby to spoil.. and that you and her son are happy that your little family is healthy.. other than that she need to chill the heck out..

i hope things get better! and congrats on another little girl :D
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 5:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Leave her home next time. Next time don't tell her what it is either way and the next time she says something tell her you are happy and for her to hush!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My mom was in the room when I found out I was having a boy and she sd she was gonna get the person who did this to me, jus because she wanted a girl.
    Anonymous

• not like that- but my MIL often likes to brign up the many ways in which we are "throwing our money away". We never ask her - or anyone for any help and we are perfectly fine fincancially... so it is absolutely none of her business...

I have been told by my husband's family that there's "always next time" to try for a son. this pregnancy is his first child- but my third..and neither of us is really sure we want a next one... again... none of their business....
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Point out to her that it's not YOU giving him a boy or girl, that his sperm is what decides if it's a boy or a girl, so HE gave the girl to YOU.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009