Church, Easter and BM.. I don't like it..

Nothing against BM at all! I like her, its just this is our weekend with SD7 and I asked BM if she was going to want to take SD to church cause if she did I didn't want to step on any toes, I'd let her have SD on Sunday no biggie. But then she comes up with the plan to go to church with DH and I and SD. Am I being weird if I say I kinda wanted that to be just a family time, and I don't want the awkwardness of having BM sitting right there next to us through a church service that I was hoping to be a little family thing..? idk, I don't want any criticism, just advice. thanks!

KateInTheSurf

Asked by KateInTheSurf at 5:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• i would probably feel awkward as well. but it is whats best for your SD to be around mom and dad at the same time. just have your SD sit in between her mom and dad and you sit on the other side of dad. its not like you talk in church so you won't have to have a major convo with her or anything
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• stop being selfish, who cares if you all sit together at church, we usually sit with strangers anyways and your step daughter can sit with her mom and dad, so do it for her
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• hm.. it does sound awkward though... I would grin and bear it, because that is what is best for the kid- but I also would be feeling a lil uncomfortable I'm not going to lie...
    ask hubby what he thinks?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I can understand that it would be uncomfortable, but you have to put your stepdaughter first. If you know she would be happy and she would enjoy it, then do it. As someone else said, you'll be in church, so it's not like you have to have a big conversation with her.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree do it for her
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 8:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• That is hard . But, remember we set the example for the children.
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 8:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I really love it when you say on you're question please no criticism, people feel the need to be mean anyway, in reply to answer #2. Thanks ladies, I do appreciate the other answers. I know whats best for SD so I'll suck it up. :)
    KateInTheSurf

Answer by KateInTheSurf at 9:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I would tell her no...sorry. That would be awkward.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009