i have been trying to get pregnant for 5mnths now and my period hasnt ben on for 2 of those months but when i took a blood test to see if i was pregnant i wasnt? what is wrong with me?

i've been trying since december. i had a period on jan 28 til feb 3. myperiod has not been on since i took the test at the end of march but im im still trying

missmommy2u

Asked by missmommy2u at 5:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if u want to be preggo bad enough ur body will release a hormone to give u symptoms even if ur not preggo. wut u should do is stop trying dont think about it too much. just do the deed lik u normally would. it usually gets easier when u stop trying. eat foods that r good for conception and hav him eat them too. thatll help.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I heard on TV the other day that it is not unusual for a woman to have missed periods, especially when they are stressed, i.e. trying to get pregnant and not able too. But that you should have at least 4 periods a year. Hope this helps. You could try to go to webmd.com and see if they can help in their Q&A also.
    onefizzysoda

Answer by onefizzysoda at 5:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• First off nothing is wrong with you. Stress can stop ovulation. read this book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health" by Toni Weschler. It will help you watch for the signs of fertility.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• FuzNet is RIGHT! I just about to recommend that same book! It will teach you more about your body and reproductive process than you ever knew!

richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 9:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Like everyone else said, stress. That is the worst answer ever b/c nobody ever wants to hear it b/c there is not a whole lot you can do about it. Try some de-stressing techniques and see your doc if you don't get one within 3 months of your LMP. Going longer than 3 months increases your chances of endometrial cancer and can cause some horrific PMS and bleeding. Your doc can give you synthetic progesterone to induce your period. If there is a chance you're pregnant it does not harm the baby, docs actually prescribe progesterone to some women to help keep a pregnancy, so no worries. While you're there, you might be able to convince them to give you a blood test too. ;)
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It could be stress or you could have PCOS like I do. I just found out I had it two months ago cause we have been ttc baby #2 for 9 months now and I was getting so irratated that my periods would stop for 2 or 3 months at a time. If could be stress like everyone else is saying but I would see your OBGYN to make sure thats all it is or else you might be trying for the next year or two with any success. Good luck to you
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You may have a cyst.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009