lower back pain?

Does anyone know something I can for lower back pain? I was moving furniture yesterday, and woke up this morning unable to hardly move. Also, if I stand too long I get a burning sensation in lower back...I have no insurance for now. Next month I will be going to doctor when I do have coverage, but what can I do until then? This has happened once before, btw. I am in soooooo much pain!

Stacey833

Asked by Stacey833 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• get asbercream and icy hot patches. also if u sit and balance on ur tail bone and relax ur lower bak may crack and relieve some of the pain. if ur SO massages ur bakk it will probly help too. or u could even. massage the asbercream in with ur finger tips. i hav the same prob every time i work. i put icy hot patches on my bakk and then wen i get home i put asbercream on it,
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Be sure to keep pressure off your back by lying down or sitting in a recliner chair. Sitting upright and standing will place pressure on your lower back.
    It sounds like a muscle strain and will need time to heal with heat packs. Rice bags heated in the microwave are wonderful, but you can also wet a dish towel, heat it in the microwave, place it in a plastic bag and use that.
    If it doesn't improve, or it worsens, over the next 24-48 hours then you need to see a doctor or go to the ER for an evaluation. They may want to do x-rays to be sure you didn't slip a disc. If pains suddenly begin to go down the back of one of your legs (sciatica) then there is a good chance that you did.
    I wish you well!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009