K so I thought it was wierd form them to ask the first time but now they have asked me three times. I am only 24 years old with two kids and one on the way. We moved to a new state so I had to get another OBGYN the office asked me at my first dr. appointment "I was 8wks along" if I wanted my tubes tied after this baby. I was not expecting that question at all. I hadn't even thought of it. Im not sure if I want more kids or not yet. They asked again aroung 15wks I still said I didn't know. THen at my 20wk appointment they asked and said they needed to know by 28wks. I really don't know if I want to or not. I grew up in a huge family "12kids" and I think I am still pretty young. Just to have that option taken away from me scares me. Why do they keep asking me? my other doctors never once asked. Is having three or more kids these days just uncommon?Answer Question
Answer by feesharose at 6:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by AK_aries at 6:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by LuckyClown at 6:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by kaycee14 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by richgirljj at 6:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by tropicalmama at 7:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009
Chances are it's all about dollars and cents. If you have insurance, the plan will pay 100% for your tubes to be tied after birth, or within 6 weeks. If you have your tubes tied any other time, the insurance wlll pay 80% and you pay the other 20%.You don't have to get rude with the doctor to exercise your freedom of speech or choice. You have the option to tell them "Please don't ask me that question again. I would, however, appreciate your giving me all the information I need to become more aware of all my choices."
Always remember, there's a way to do (moreless spell), and say everything. I consciously focus on projecting maturity, thinking things all the way out and the consequences (before I open my mouth) maintain a ladylike composure and keep my husband's viewpoints/options in mind.
Answer by Ewadun at 7:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009