hiccups

my baby has hiccups, how can I help him and make them hurt less or go away? he is 8 days old!

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GRIPE WATER!! its works instantly!! its amazing. my dd gets the hiccups like 5-6x a day and the second the water hits her tongue they are practically gone! the sell a few kinds..some have to be kept in the fridge, some dont. I have both and keep one in the diaper bag and the rest of the bottle are practically in every room of the house.
    hilwiesemann

Answer by hilwiesemann at 10:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• There is not alot you can do. Mine had them all the time. He survived them and happy, aned healthy now. Good Luck.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• my son is 5 weeks old and we have had the same problem since day 1, our family doctor told me to go to Walgreens and get Gripewater.... it;s worked everyday
    Larsbug

Answer by Larsbug at 6:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Gripe water gets rid of hiccups.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My daugther (born 3/30/09) has hiccups all the time. I hate them because her little chest dips in ;(
    I have never heard of Gripe Water but will look into it and ask her doctor
    haileysmom2001

Answer by haileysmom2001 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Gripe water.
    I can not tell you how sick I got of hearing "they bother you more than the baby"... I knew before she was born that she hated it. All birth did was change her respons from frantic kicking to intense screaming. Gripe water was a godsend!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Wow, I've never heard of Gripe water, but I will definitely look into it. My 2 month old gets hiccups about 80% of the time after feedings. My mom says it's because I didn't not burp her long enough and she still has air trapped in there. I always feel bad when I see her little chest go in and out, but the doctor says they will go away on their own. I usually feed her a tiny little bit more formula and they go away.
    yessi_02

Answer by yessi_02 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009