FOr christians?

What do you think about what obama said about this is not a Christian nation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVd7YT0oWA

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• wow the deception.... wow wow wow... but hey the bible said it was going to happen. I am holding on to Jesus for the rollercoaster ride we are about to experience!

Christians and Non wanted change.... when they voted for President Obama...well they get what they ask for. It may look fine and dandy now but later on... the regret will come creeping in... sadly by then it will be too late.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's not a Christian nation. Honestly, look at how people treat each other. If they are claiming they are Christian, then they're hypocrites too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Well I do not agree with his statement saying that we are not a christian nation because the whole foundation of america was built on christian values and ideas...however i do understand why he said it. We are a nation of all religions and all beliefs...he said that because he does not want ppl to feel like just because the majority of americans are christian that that is the only religion we consider here. And to feesharose...to consider yourself a christian does not mean that you believe you are perfect and free of sin. I am a christian and i do not treat everyone the way that I should but does that make me not a christian? No.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am not Christian but I think it's awesome. He is obviously open to the rights of all American citizens.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• yes, the nation was built on Christian morals of the time- which is why slavery was legal, and women didn't vote.. but anyway..

I understand why he said it. I think it's good someone puts it out there.
    Anonymous

• I am ok with his comment about this not being a christian nation. This is a nation of many beliefs and cultures. In his position he has to be filtered and sensitive to others views and beliefs. He already is fighting so many battles and wars why bring on more that can cause him to jeopardize his position to help. He is not saying he doesn't believe in God.
    Just because I am confident that I believe in the God that I read about in the Bible I can not go around commenting on who is wrong and judging the nation because they are not all christian. I just pray that one day soon they will wake up.
    Remember the pledge- ...... One nation under God.... people get confused on "God"
    Simplyme623

Answer by Simplyme623 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• of course he would say that he always conforms to what the nation wants to hear rather then say what he really feels. it once was a christian nation but now it's made up of lots of religious beliefs but it still was founded on christian values although i think most have lost them as the yrs went by. what has this world come too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think America should be a place where everyone has the freedom of religion. But President Obama, while seeming like he is supporting diversity, acts in ways that limit our freedoms to worship.

I have to say that I hope we do lose the reputation for being a Christian nation, because we do not act like a Christian nation. That is why people in other countries think bad about Christianity. They think Madona and Brittany Spears are Christian just because they are American. My friend who is a missionary always has to try to explain to disgusted Moroccans that Madonna and Brittany are not Christians.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• this is not a christian nation
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No I think maybe it was supposed to be then it got all screwed up by the follies of man.
    Anonymous