Moms who put their kids in daycare..

I am creating a research proposal for a daycare on my college campus. I need to make a survey in the Likert Scale format. I am having a hard time coming up with some questions to ask. Likert scales are done with the ratings of 1-5 with 1 being Not Importaint or Poor to 5 being Extremely important to Excellent. Could you give me some ideas of what to ask?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 6:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh I will be giving the surveys to students on the campus...some may have children some may not.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• What are you trying to find out?
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am trying to find out the opinion of whether a daycare is important to have on campus. I want to know how students would feel about it. What is important to the students and faculty about the issue. I just can't think of how to ask specific questions.

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• How important is daycare security to you?
    What kind of sitters do you want? teachers or just care givers?
    What kind of report do you expect from your child's daycare when you pick them up at the end of the day? (some day cares give a standard worksheet telling about diapers changed and food eaten- others you have to ask)
    Have you heard any daycare horror stories that make you reconsider using daycare (ie. recent news, daycare left baby locked alone in daycare because mom was late- another daycare provider literally threw a baby- who later died)

LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ah- my questions don't fit your needs

here- Would having a daycare on campus increase your study time? (hence improving grades)
    Would it affect how many classes you could take in a semester?
    Would you be willing to work in the daycare in return for free child care?
    hmm...that's all I have...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• How would having a daycare on campus affect your decision of which college to attend?

How likely would you be to use a daycare on campus as opposed to on off campus?

Would a daycare on campus affect your decision to attend college in general (meaning: if you found out that colleges or a college had a daycare, would it make you think about going to college if you hadn't been thinking about it?)?

Those are all I can think of right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Would the daycare also be used as a child study center for psychology/child or human development majors? Would the daycare also be used by staff and faculty?

Some questions:
    Would you use an all day child care program?
    Would you use a part-time day care program?
    Would you use a drop-in day care program?
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• All the questions are good but word them as:

How important is a child care program on campus?
    How important is drop in care to you?

That way you can use the scale as you said you needed to use. Asking "would you" or "habe you heard" will not give you the desired answers.

Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• How important is an all day child care program on campus?
    How important is a part-time child care program on campus?
    How important is a drop-in child care program on campus?
    How important would it be for the child care program to be available between 6:30am and 12:30pm?
    How important would it be for the child care program to be available between 12:30pm and 6:30pm?
    How important would it be for the child care program to be available between 6:30pm and 9:30pm?
    etc. I liked the questions I read above too!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Do you feel a day care is needed on campus.
    would you use day care on campus
    Do you feel you would benefit from day care on campus
    Would you feel good about having students in the child development classes care for your child?
    Do you t hink your child would benefit from being closer to you (oncampus)
    Do you think your child would benefit from having students as teachers?

any good?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009