WHAT THE HELL!!!! foodstamp card paying for PS3 game!

i was at wal-mart a bit ago and i was in line behind someone that used there food stamp card for a PS3 game. i understand that they have a cash allowance on some cards to but diapers and wipes and clothes but a PS3 game. what the hell is that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh, you cant get anything thats NOT food with a FS card, unless they get welfare put onto the same card, they have to take the money off first, THEN pay for it.
    Anonymous

• There is NO way you saw anyone buying that item with a FS card. You probably just got a glance at the card and went nuts in your head cuz you can't afford 1.

Anonymous

• Probably an unemployment card, maybe you should have tapped them on the shoulder and asked?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LOL no chit notpan. I would love to see someone actually do that instead of complaining about something they thought they saw.

Anonymous

• Or, better yet, maybe you should have followed them to their home and demanded they return your tax dollars.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 6:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I know my sister has a FS card and it has an american flag on the front and looks like a regular credit card glancing at it.. No one would ever know someone was using it unless they got all up in their business and saw someone pressing the EBT button. People need to mind their own business.. When I was babysitting my sister I had her card and went to the store to buy her food for the weekend, I also got my son a new toothbrush and some nipples for my youngest baby bottles. I paid with the FS card, then had to pay cash for the non-food items. So I dont see how its possible that person bought a GAME with a FS card.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• In Texas you get TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) you can get a one time lump sum or small amount over 5 years. it goes on your Lonestar card (food stamp card) and you can buy anything you want with that money including beer. I used to work at Wal Mart and seen this crap all the time. and yeah it used to burn my butt to have to check someone out buying that crap. you have 2 accounts on your lonestar card a foodstamp account and a tanf account. You can only buy food with the food part. but i think they should limit what you can get with the tanf part. You can even get cash back to go buy you some drugs on the tanf part.
    Anonymous

• EBT cards are used for both food stamps and cash allowance here in Tennessee. You can choose which part to use, depending on whether you are buying food or other things, like diapers and clothing, etc. I agree however that PS3 is not appropriate for use on cash allowance, however there is notbing to prevent them from using the cash allowance for that.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• "You can even get cash back to go buy you some drugs on the tanf part. "

Yeah, because everyone with TANF that takes cash out goes off and buys drugs..

Let people buy what the hell they want.. its all going to the same damn place. Once the money runs out- its gone.. its their own damn fault if they didnt spend it on something better.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i was at wal-mart a bit ago and i was in line behind someone that used there food stamp card for a PS3 game.

GET A LIFE! Stop looking over people's shoulders......

Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 6:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2009