Do you watch the show BIG LOVE on HBO? I grew up mormon but I have no idea if what happened on it is really what happens when they get their endowments (SP) out?

I don't get why everybody "well the LDS people" got so upset about it. I was shocked to watch that eposoide when Barb goes to the temple. I thought it was wierd. I understand they say it's a thing between god and them selfs. Not for everybody in the world to see. But being raised LDS I thought that that was so wierd. If that is truly what goes on there. I think it makes it more of a cult thing. I am not trying to bash the LDS church but am I wrong? It just seemed crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I watch Big Love. I have no idea about LDS, I assume the people that do the show try to make it realistic, I just don't know HOW realistic. It is intriguing IMO if it was realistic but definitely weird too. LOL Sorry I am no help.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I dont get that show but from what Ive read and understood it is extremely accurate.
    However, Ive also heard members claim it not to be but thats understandable.

Is it on youtube? I could watch and tell ya since Im a former member who did go through the temple.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Hmmm, I wonder if it is... because I would like to know myself!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• From what I heard, LDS members promise not to tell what goes on inside their temples. It is some kind of sacred thing, so the show got info from ex-members. Even if those people are not members of that church anymore, I think it is very rude that they would break a promise they made, and makes their character and motives questionable. I do not have HBO but I heard it was a beautiful ceremony from friends I have who watched it.
    Anonymous

• bonesdragondew:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/exegesis/videos/3/2.4/

It is not the whole thing but it is all I can find right now :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thx. I sent you a message...did you get it? I found a clip too LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• LOL Just got it a minute ago. I don't pay attention enough ;) Thanks
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• All that sex makes me tired. That's my initial thought on the show.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE Big Love! It has great entertainment value and I try and see it as simply as that. I believe that the writers do try and show realistic aspects, but also have to "glam it up" a bit for ratings.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I used to watch Big Love faithfully but, alas, no cable, no Big Love......A shame too, 'cause I really love that show.

OP, don't know the answer either, but very interested to find out, just watched the clip that hannahwill put up.....

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009