Starting dairy. (yogurt, cottage cheese)

I read in a book that between 7 and 8 months you can start small curd cottage cheese and yogurt. My son is 7.5 months and i wanted to start but i don't know if its ok or not. I know a lot of you guys will say ask the doctor but i wanted to ask here first before bothering them.

also
Strawberries- I have always been told no strawberries untill 12 months atleast, but i always see strawberry baby food. Is it still 12 months or did it change?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had both of my kids on yobaby you can find it at walmart, target, mostly anywhere that sells yogurt. you baby is good for them has a lot of vitamins they need. and it tastes good. and my daughter has been eating strawberry yogurt since she was 6 months old. i never fed her actual whole strawberries because i was just scared to. you can buy freeze dried fruit from gerber. my kids liked those.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My doctor told me at 10 months to start feeding my daughter yogurt. I don't know if earlier is fine.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My daughter's pediatrician suggested to start dairy products around 9 months. I have given my daughter strawberries. It's her fav fruit!! I wouldn't worry about it unless she has allergies to other fruits or allergies to them in your family.
    Anonymous

• We started my son on dairy foods at 8 months- Yobaby yogurt and he has tried cottage cheese. We have not given strawberries yet... I was going to hold off a couple more months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009