If you ask your boyfriend a question about something that interests you but doesnt interest him,Is it okay for him to answer me in a ugly tone of voice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, I need more info before i can give an honest answer. If it was a subject you know you disagree on, why did you ask him in the first place. All my ex's and my current man (hubby) got a little snippy sometimes when I ask questions about things they don't know about (i.e. periods).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• it's rude but then at least he answers. Many men wouldn't even do that. Always find the good!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• There is a LOT more detail needed to answer this question correctly.

What did you ask him about? Did you know it was a subject that bothers him? Define "ugly tone of voice". Was he sarcastic, or did he scream and curse? Or did he just look at you and say, "I really don't care and I don't know why you keep asking me"?

It is important, when looking for advice, to elaborate on the situation and try to show the entire picture. A question this vague is not going to net you any helpful advice. Unless you're looking for people like the first posters who don't know anything about your situation and just say, No it's not ok!

Then again if that's what you're looking for you're not looking for advice anyway, you're just looking for another weapon in your next fight "The girls on CM said it's not ok for you to talk to me that way!"
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Now he is just your boyfriend.If he can't talk to you in a nice way, you shouldn't marry him until he can be nicer to you.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• He should talk respectfully to you regardless of how much he likes the topic or not. I assume you are respectful back.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Since we can't actually hear his tone, there's no real way to judge the situation. Were you nagging him at the time? I'd probably have an 'ugly' tone in reaction to that.

Either way it sounds like you're whining. Did you ask him why he responded that way?
    Anonymous

• Uh no.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• not really.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Absolutely not... there are many times where they turn to us to talk about something that has absolutely nothing to do either with our relationship,jobs,school,kids or family and we still play our roll of supportive wifes by listening. Not only do we listen but we do respond or give our opinions... so i dont think your boyfriend should respond in a bad tone...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No
    Anonymous