• In the Spotlight:

Insurance

If you rent, do you have renter's insurance for your house/apt.? Only asking because a friend of mine's house went on fire over a month ago. She owns the home and of course, she has homeowner's. But, a friend next to her rents the upstairs part of their house and I don't know if they have renter's. Never asked. When I was single and had an apartment I did have renter's. You never know.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Before we bought our house we always had renter's insurance. It is a smart and responsible thing to do if you wish to have your property replaced. Otherwise, you will have nothing if everything is lost to fire, flood, or theft.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• My son's in college and our insurance on our home and personal cover his rental home cause he's our dependent. He does not live in a college dorm. I never had it when I had my own apt. either. But it's worth it.
    Anonymous

• We rent a house and we have renters' insurance. It's really inexpensive, we pay less than $15 a month. My husband's cousin had the house she was renting burn to the ground and she didn't have insurance. Everything was lost and she had no way to replace it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh, and renter's insurance is very easy to afford. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

• Renters insurance is soooo cheap and easy to get you would be a fool not to have it if you rent. Home owners is far more expensive. I have had both. My parents home burned to the ground not even one year after they built it...I have seen first hand the value of insurance.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009