Do you think that our military women

and men take secret sex risks?

There are nearly 200,000 military women currently serving our country and more than 1 million men, and when these young men and women are deployed and working together in foreign lonely places, things happen. According to military law having sex while deployed isn't supposed to happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll be honest, I dislike the idea of my husband being deployed with a female.
    But my husband is active duty Air Force, and he does deploy. I trust my husband enough to know he won't cheat on me.
    We had a huge blow out last deployment about him hanging out with females while deployed. I expect the same respect I give him when he is deployed. He doesn't want me hanging out with males when he is deployed, I don't want him hanging out with females when he is deployed. I understand he works with females, but at work stuff is one thing.
    I have no personal vendetta against the females in the military. We have had parties in the past where we invited his flight and females showed up. I gave them all the benefit before judging them. A few of them I really liked. Others I couldn't stand.
    Rachie7987

Answer by Rachie7987 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• it isn't supposed to happen but i know for a fact it does. they get severe punishment for it when it does happen. but i know relationships that actually worked out in the long haul from it too. so i say as long as it doesn't affect their jobs or the saftey of the others around them, then its not our business to judge (as long as they arent married, id kill my DH if he told me he had an affair with a woman on his ship, granted his ship has no women but he used to on one with them, id kill him)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Of course... the number of sexual harassment cases between military members is unbelievably outrageous as well.
    Anonymous

• oh of course. you hear stories all the time in the military community about people being unfaithful, std's etc. you're are SUPPOSE to get in major trouble if you get caught having an affair but it all boils down to who your CO is. Sadly, lots of them don't so much.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 6:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Are you worried about your husband? I don't mean that all bitchy, but I would understand the question better. I really don't consider it otherwise.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• What's part of the question don't you understand or what part do you need explained better to you Fiveofakind2? It's a question nothing more.
    Anonymous

• Then my answer remains: I never think about it. And I still don't mean that bitchy either.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ROFL - I have been a single woman in the military. I have been married and dual military, and I have been and still am a military wife. All told, I've been part of the military world since 1990.

Believe me, while yes, there is sex that goes on, it is not as widespread as people think. Plus, 99% of what does happen involves single military, or it involves married guys pursuing single military women. There are times this isn't the case, but this is the majority. Because, frankly, there are more than enough hot, willing, and available SINGLE military guys to choose from that there really isn't this overwhelming urge to have a married one.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• cont
    Now, of course there are dogs (both sexes) that cheat, but you have that in the civilian world, too. The military, and deployments, don't make people cheat. Being a dog in heat does. But people want to blame the military, or deployments, because it's easier than saying I married a dog, or my spouse doesn't love or respect me enough to be faithful, or we (or just the spouse) were too immature / not ready for marriage.

Don't get me wrong, deployments are hard, but they aren't what makes people cheat, and those military women really don't want to risk their careers and their paychecks and everything else to be with a married servicemember when there are so many available ones. (Sort of like why steal a bite of a candy bar when there are so many others offering you your own king sized bar?....)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• sailorwifenmom~ married or not it's going on and I guess when I'm asking the question "Do you think that our military women and men take secret sex risks? I'm talking about the policies and STD's.
    Anonymous