Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on deciding

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have a 2 yr. old and with my first daughter I had a c-section and now I dont wnat to have a c-section bcus I caught pneumonia the last time and it was horrible. N now with this baby I found out 2 weeks ago I had gestational diabetes n i know one of the risk factors is having a large baby and getting a c-sections. Idk what to do bcus I dont wnat to have a c-section not just bcus of the pneumonia but also bcus im a single parent n i dont think it will be fair for my 2 year old to not be taken care off when i leave the hospital. My children have diffrent dads and one of them is a dead beat and the other one is in japan. So what can i do to prevent another c-section??????

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • Just let your doctor know your problem and that you would like to try a vaginal birth if at all possible and to please only to a c-section if it is absolutely necessary. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than that.
    Ash9724

    Answer by Ash9724 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • if your baby gets to big they will have to because you can tear your old scars , i would talk to your dr and see about inducting maybe around 37 weeks .
    good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • I wish I could say more to help, but have you asked your doctor? It may not be required right? SO give him/her a call and talk about it. =) I hope it all works out for you.
    LucasMama08

    Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • Stop by the "birth is normal group". They can help you out.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • visit a vbac group, eat healthy and tons of fruits and veggies. go to www.ican-online.org. birth is normal and natural pregnancy and childbirth are two great groups.

    I have never been faced with a vbac decision but do know that a repeat cesarean wouldn't be an option for me, unless medically necessary. You can scan my journals, or look online for Henci Goers article on inducing for suspected big baby, etc. There is ZERO need to interfere unless the baby is 11 lbs. :)
    celticreverie

    Answer by celticreverie at 7:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • inducing ensures that you will have a cesarean again. you are not suppose to induce with a VBAC candidate, because inducing increases the risk of uterine rupture and unnecessary cesareans.
    celticreverie

    Answer by celticreverie at 7:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • the risk of uterine rupture with a vbac is less than 1%, Like celticreverie said, inducing increases your risk of uterine rupture and repeating another c-section. Going a good vbac group and do your own research. Don't just listen to your doctors.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • ABSOLUTELY refuse an induction, for one. Not only will induction increase your risk of uterine rupture, it will also increase your risk of another c-section. The fewer interventions in a VBAC, the better. Start doing some research, momma. VBAC is perfectly safe for you, even with "gestational diabetes". Check out VBACfacts.com
    asaffell

    Answer by asaffell at 1:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
what do i do

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Anyone from

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN