My daughter is 13 months old and has done good with sleeping thru the night until lately.

I have always rocked her to sleep and then went and put her in her crib.. It seems everytime I go to lay her in her crib she wakes up. I tried the ole cry yourself to sleep trick but thats not working on her....she just cries and cries and as soon as you go get her she goes right back to sleep. I dont get how she can go from sleeping in her crib to not sleeping in it at all. I know people say phases but I dont know if this is one. I know its not helping Our love life.

Katelynnsmom

Asked by Katelynnsmom at 7:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She might have separation anxiety, regular anxiety, teething, etc. Just make sure she is really asleep before you lay her down and be as gentle as possible.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 7:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• All three of my children had this at 14 months. My guess was that they had just figured out that when we leave we are still in the house and before this stage they think we are no where until morning. With my oldest I lay on the floor until he fell asleep and then crawled quietly out of the room (TOTAL mistake) since I ended up lying with him unti he was 3 1/2 years old! With my second I realized my mistakes and let her cry (Ferber) it took 3 nights and then she was back to going to sleep again with only a few moments of crying. Same with my third. Now I am enjoying my evenings and realize that it is ok to let them cry. They will still love you and it makes you a better mother when you can recharge for a few hours every night instead of living every waking moment with your baby.
    Anonymous