Has anoyone ever had this happen??? This really scared the crap out of me!!!

So I worked from 8-3 today and came home and immed. made dinner then sat down to eat. All of a sudden my vision was really blurry and I couldnt even make out the pictures on the tv. I was like something was on my eye. Then it mostly went away after about 10 minutes and my whole left hand when numb and very tingly, then my lips, left cheek and tougne. I was scared as hell and thought I was having a stroke or something, so I called the midwife on call and she called the er doctor and he said I didnt need to come in and to just go tom. and have my blood pressure checked which was normal yesterday. She said it could have been from anxiety, not drinking hardly anything all day (specifically water) and standing for 8 hours straight at work without sitting once. Has anything like this ever happened to you?? Im only 5 weeks pregnant by the way..

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Aside from being pregnant if you're still poorly I think you should get checked out. I'm not positive but I don't think a stroke goes away without symptoms lingering for a good while. Be careful.
    Anonymous

• hmm, not at five weeks. that's pretty early. later in my pregnancy I had quite a few dizzy spells, but nothing with the numbness. go get checked out. make sure you and baby are ok!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I am a RN going to school to be a doctor and it could have been anxiety but most likely was cause by you blood pressure going up and suddenly dropping. When you are pregnant it can happen alot easier than if you are not. The sudden change can be caused by anything from anxiety , eating more fatty foods to serious heart problem. In most pregnant women it is caused by a change in diet. So don't worry hon but i would recommend seeing your doctor just to make sure all is well with you and the baby
    Anonymous

• Oh and the numbness can be caused my the drop of blood pressure, your blood isn't circulating like it should and can cause that feeling but like i said above make sure you see your doctor to me sure, it is very hard to pin point a problem without seeing the patient.
    Anonymous

• Probably your blood pressure like everyone else said. I had the same issue it was a combo of blood pressure and blood sugar. Try keeping your feet up at work (if they won't let you make the OB give you a note) and be careful standing up. Also eat frequently, like every 2 hours. (Doc can write a note for that too if work gives you issues) I did this and I never had another issue unless I didn't follow it.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 8:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ive had similar things happen- it ended up being a panic attack- and i noticed the attacks are usually triggered by me not getting enough iron- when im low on iron i get dizzy and see spots and my vision blurs and then that scares me and i get so panicky i feel like i cant breathe- maybe thats wuts happening to u?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009