I think my husbands having a mid life crisis...

He got all depressed today and thinks he's getting old. He doesn't think he accomplished what he needs to accomplish in life. He thinks he can help other people... He says he is happy in marriage and loves being a husband and father, but feels like he has something else he should be doing.
WTH is he talking about? Anybody else going through a mid life crisis? How should I handle this?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 7:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I went through that too, although i am not near a mid life point i know what he is going through, I am married to the most amazing husband, have a wonderful baby boy that was only 2lbs at birth and am preggo with the second. we own a house have everything i could want and need but still i felt like i could be going more.... The best way i can say this is he just feels like he has gotten everything out of life that he wants too (not meaning you or the children) I felt that way too... I always wanted to help people that didnt have the money or time to do things...know i have my own help center where i help single moms out and people who have no where to stay and nothing to eat... I currently take care of 33 adults and am a foster mom to 7 kids.. know im not saying he needs to do the same but he is missing something, could just be something simple or something more, you need to sit down with him and talk about it, i am so glad i
    Anonymous

• BTW he is 37.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• heck if that is a midlife crisis I've been through two and I'm only a quarter century old!
    Anonymous

• had my husband by my side and i bet he needs you too
    Anonymous

• Ahh, thank you Anon 7:58 I totally agree with you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Encourage him to discover what would fulfill him. Men and women both go through this. It doesn't even have to be mid-life. Maybe he sees the world his family is living in and feels powerless to change that world. Maybe suggest he look online for charities he can donate his time too. Or become a child's Court Advocate in your county, join a Big Brother program or help with local community activites. I think its not a bad thing that your husband is feeling this way, and it in no way reflects on you or the family. Its just his need to play a bigger role in his human existence on this Earth.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009