why do you think

that some babies are fussy.
I have seen my friends take good care of their baby and the baby is still very fussy, is it genetics or the babies way of communicating?

I posted this same question under general parenting, but did not get much of a response and I'm just curious on why this is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think some babies are just fussy. Its just part of their personality and as they get bigger and able to communicate more they will probably be similar.

It could also be colic or a few other things or enviromental. I know a baby who is a whiney little thing, smiles are extremely rare and all he does is fuss and whine and wig out. He can be a good baby but his mom tends to leave him a LOT and I think this is his way of getting out his frustrations(I know you said they arent but Im just using this example to show how enviromental type situations can cause fussiness).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Every baby is different.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It could be colic, gas, or the infant's predisposition. Some infant's need more cuddling and swaddling than others in order to feel safe, secure, and comforted.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree with the pp. It could be colic, or it could go the other way and the baby is getting more attention then it wants and they want to be left alone. I dealt with that alot with my middle kid. He has sensory integration issues and being held felt odd to him. So, you have to look at each baby different. Every child has their own thing.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Different temperaments just like adults.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Hell yeah babies are different. I had 5. My first was beyond an angel, my second colic and cried the first three months. The third was just a typical baby, the fourth a complete and total nightmare...acid reflux screamed the first nine months 18 hrs a day. He is now almost 4 and still a fussy person. The fith typical not too good not too bad baby...so each is different, love and care for them all you want and they still are who they are.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009