What happened to Jesus during the "lost years"?

This can be for anyone..I'm Agnostic and I always wanted to know what happened during the "lost years" of Jesus? The gap from age 12 to age 33 (I think?) What happened to him? This is not explained in the bible and just thought I'd ask what everyone's personal opinions were. IMO thats a lot of time for "nothing" to go on in Jesus' life (assuming he was a real person, messiah or not...)

Let's keep it civil ladies!

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have two possibles for what happened. One comes from the babile teaching I got when I was a kid. I was told that he just spent that time with his mother and father. I don't remember anything about having any brothers and sisters, but hey, he could have had several.
    My other opinion comes from my religion now. I am a spiritualist and it has been suggested that he travelled to other countries to study their religions and belief systems. India and China are two countries that I remember reading he went to. This one is the one I find myself believing more because he did seem to be more accepting of other religions. The only time he got mad was when they were collecting tax money in his fathers temple.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Actually it was till he was 30 and he was living a simple life as a carpenter with his mother and legal father.
    Anonymous

• You know growing up from a boy to a man.
    Anonymous

• I think he was living a normal family life with brothers and sisters.I think he didn't realize his true calling till he was older.Like us.Takes awhile to find your own path.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• He lived a normal life until God was ready for him to start ministering.
    Anonymous

• These parts of the bible were taken out so that no one would know that *shock* Jesus SINNED.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The bible is a lie. Think of it as a fairytale book filled with stories that you can read to your kids.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Actually its not a lie just a storybook. My bad.
    diamondmamma

• I too believe that as a humble Jewish boy he helped his Father and Mother while he was growing up also Mark 6:3 This is the carpenter the son of Mary and the brother of James and Joseph and Judas and Simon, is it not? And his sisters are here with us, are they not?” So they began to stumble at him. and Matthew 13:55, 56 Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Where, then, did this man get all these things.
    He grew up around all these people and they are in a sense saying "who does this kid think he is? we watched him as a boy" So I don't think he was anywhere but at home,,,,

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Anon...oops, right 30, b/c he was crucified by age 33..right?

And to evelynwest...actually I thought the bible taught that Jesus was visited by the Metatron (sp? angel that speaks god's words for human ears) at age 12 and was told that he was the son of god and his purpose in life then?

And to the other Anon...What would be a normal life? (especially if Jesus was said to never have sinned)

Would a normal life be marriage and kids? Neither of those things are considered sins by Christians...

You are moving in the right direction ladies...lets delve deep into the "what ifs"....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009