how long did it take you to recover from your c-section?

I had mine about 5ish weeks ago. And I'm still having pains every now and again. Of course it is major surgery and I don't expect to go back to normal immediately. And of course I know that everyone is different... but I'd appreciate every ones feedback :]

UhLeeshUh

Asked by UhLeeshUh at 8:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was walking the next day and probably felt a lot better on the second week...still some pain but not too bad.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had one 9 months ago. Took me about 8 weeks to heal completely. But, still to this day I get a pinching feeling where my incision is and it's still numb.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• gross i hate that feeling. i have that pinching and numbness too. it drives me nuts! I cant stand for anything to touch it. ahh the fun of child birth haha
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• it took me about 8 weeks to feel like i was "recovered" but still after a year id get the pinchy feeling sometimes, or it would the incision would itch.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was up walking around the next day it would have been that same night but I got sick from the meds when I stood up so they required me get back in bed. I felt better within about 5 days. and fully recovered about 6 weeks.
    mysoldier5

Answer by mysoldier5 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I had one nine months ago, and I still have an open wound. I also have a skin disease that has kept it from healing, but it's incredibly frustrating, I have
    caiti

Answer by caiti at 9:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• to say...
    caiti

• well 5 days after i was feeling almost normal. but 3 weeks max i was perfect
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 3:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009