Do you think the "No child left behind act" is a good thing or bad thing?

sooo not good that"s just my opinion

sgrbear

Asked by sgrbear at 8:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good idea bad execution. I know teachers and schools that HATE No Child Left Behind. Too much is now being taught only because it is on standardized tests. Too much is being relied upon with standardized tests. My son had to take summer school for math because he didn't score high enough of the standardized test even though he had a B in math. Not really fair. Some kids just aren't test takers while others are awesome test takers but have losey grades.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• im w/u
    good inetnions bad execution
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't really like it either. It puts way to much pressure on teachers and students to make sure that things are learned when they need to be. I don't like the idea of it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• it's a good idea, but it was poorly done.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Like mommymeg03 said: Good intentions/bad execution

I always say that if you leave no kid behind, there are a lot of other kids waiting around for the others to catch up. Thats not fair either.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Bad from the foundation up.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I agree with mom2twobabes! Unfortunately this act pushes children who are not ready to be pushed and forces other children who are ahead to wait. I actually talked to the reading teacher at my daughters' school once and she complained that children who are dislexic (sp) or just slow readers are forced to take the same tests as others that the state relys on for results. Also she is forced to wait on funding longer than necessary because of everything being so controlled. It definitely had good intentions as the others said but it's just not working the way they had planned.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• BAD. Anything that tries to make all kids "equal" instead of letting advanced kids advance and delayed kids work more slowly is a BAD thing.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 9:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I don't like it either.....I think it gives schools no choice but to teach for the tests rather than educate. And then the schools scare the kids when the tests are coming up... It takes away the schools' rights to do what they need to do to help the kids they need to help in a meaningful way. It sounds good to say it, but it is causes more problems than it solves.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009