Obama May Block Sun's Rays to End Global Warming

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed.

One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513242,00.html

I know it's Foxnews and that makes some of you spew. but it's an AP story!

I think this idea is AWFUL! All they have are hypothosis' (sp?) on how this would turn out! What do ya'll think of this idea?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• crazy and bad.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• sounds ridic. :(
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• first thing i thought what is this mr burns on the simpsons?
    Anonymous

• Is this serious? HAHA.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I think it's hysterical. I would hope they aren't serious. But with this administration, I never know what to expect, except for the unexpected. Oh gawd, that probably means it is true. Okay, not so funny anymore. :o(

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• OMG I thought you were joking.

That has to be the worst idea ever. Oh my, I dont even know what to say, that will have to sink in for a while. seriously.

I cant wait to tell my dh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Really, this isnt a joke? Come on.. it has to be!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I remember this episode of the Simpsons - Mr. Burns blocked the sun so everyone would have to use more power from the nuclear plant. How's Obama doin with the energy lobby?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• So, in essence, they are saying that in the long run, pollution actually may be our savior? I really don't know where to go with this. Could it be possible that all of the green initiatives may have progressed climate change? If so, who do we hold responsible for green initiatives and what will be their retribution?

Anonymous

• No joke! Read the article. Other countries are looking into this as well! I was wondering if I was the only person who thought this was nutty.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009