HELP PLEASE IDK WHAT TO DO

has this ever happened to you? I have a 9 month old and I love her to death she is my heart and soul but we had been invited to go out with some riends and i'm sitting at home while everyone else went out. AS I SAID I LOVE MY DAUGHTER but there are these days i wish it was just me and myu bf again....am I wrong to think that? Does anyone else think this? I am also 19 years old. I feel bad even thinking/writting this

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 8:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not wrong for this..everybody wants and needs alone time..i know sometimes i wish i could click my red heels and be without kids for awhile lol.
    Mandy1109

Answer by Mandy1109 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Aww I know how you feel. I am a single mother and I live at home with my mom and her boyfriend. I am also 18. The babys father is not around and I wouldn't have it any other way. But I never go out. I stay at home 99% of the time with my daughter. Except sometimes my mom will watch her if I go to the mall or a movie but thats maybe twice a year. I know I would love to be able to go out but whattyado lol.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 8:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• same here everyone goes threw this I sure do Man I wish I could just go hang out with my friends or just sit down and read dont beat your self up.
    Anonymous

• could you get someone to watch her? you have to take time out for you, its a must. but you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting "adult" time. My hubby and I go out once a month just the two of u. its been great for our relationship. i have my girlfriends over during the day just so i CAN have adult converstaions. and why do you have to stay home? can't your bf stay home whiel you go out for a few hours? even its just to dinner?
    hilwiesemann

Answer by hilwiesemann at 10:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I feel that way.I'm 20 and a single mom, I'm with my daughter 24/7 and I can never get a baby sitter. And I have no help from anybody, her dad has never even seen her. It sucks sometimes, but I suck it up because it's all worth it.
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You need to find someone to help you, that can watch her once in awhile! ~~ It's expensive to get baby sitters, but if your mom is not around to help, start looking around you for other adults that you can trust. A lot of us "older" moms would be more than willing to snuggle a little baby for a few hours to give you a break! ~~ Take a look at those around you.....great neighbors, churches, friends moms, etc.....I'll bet you can find someone if you ask them!
    AND, don't ever feel bad for admitting how you feel! We all feel that way once in awhile, a lot of us just won't admit it...LOL!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009