Who cancells @ the last minute to a holiday gathering because they got a better offer?

So, a month ago I go to my brother's house and invite them to dinner for easter and his wife just tells me today she got a better offer and is going there. Who does that?

mommarykaje

Asked by mommarykaje at 8:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• LOL call her back and say you have a counter offer.

Just joking I wouldnt offer one.

Did she actually say that to your face?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• omg! are you kidding me...she could have at least made something up i'd def tell my brother what i thought of that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• her actual words are Well your just doing dinner (by the way it's steak and lobster) and the kids are invited to an easter egg hunt. ( ok so I guess I need to invite the Easter Bunny )
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 8:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• wow that is just tacky.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thats awful!! I will come for steak and lobster sounds delicous..have a blast without them and count your blessings she sounds like a real pill.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'd never do that! I've had it done to me and it hurt my feelings and its tacky and rude. No way. Oh well you at least know they don't appreciate your hard work making them dinner now! Saves you the time and money! Have a happy Easter anyway! :)
    Anonymous