"No male friends because you'll sleep with them"!!

My SO doesn't want me to have any male friends, because he says I'll sleep with them. But, he has lots of female friends that he hangs out with them without me being present. He says that he would never sleep with them, so it's ok for him. But it's not ok for ME.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• First of all it sounds like he has trust issues...and I can tell you from experience if there is no trust in a relationship...there is not much of a relationship there to begin with. He also sounds very controlling. I would rethink if you really want to be in a relationship with someone that belives they have the right to tell you who you can and can't be friends with.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Honey, I hate to break the news, and I hope I am wrong, but he seems like he is hiding something, don't let him control you, it will only get worse.
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 8:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• ummm tell him to kiss your as* i don't say who my dh can see and he doesn't say who i can see. if we have a problem or think someone is feeling more than friends we may discuss it and it has happened to both (one of my guy friends one of his girl friends) and both of our thoughts turned to be right (that yes they wanted to take it up a step) so we quit hanging with those people. but i would seriously tell him he can kiss my as* either im a grown up and i make my own choices with you in my life, or i do it w/o you in my life. its up to you
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Yeah, the only guys my hubby doesn't want me around are my ex's, but then I don't really want to be around them anyway, so we are good on that. Sounds like projection to me. He feels guilty about something he has done/wants to do and he thinks you will do/have thought about doing the same thing.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• dump him. it should never be a double standard in any relationship. equality and respect which your not getting any off.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• That sounds like a BIG FAT sign that he is not so faithful!
    If a man is telling you, you can't have male friends because you'll do something with them, and hangs out with his female friends alone, then you can bet it's not all innocent!
    Anonymous

• He can't have his cake and eat it too.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he knows this from experience... guess that means the female friends he has shouldn't be hanging out with him since they can't do that and not sleep with them...
    Either that or he thinks you're easy to get in bed?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• wow what a hypocrit! he can have female friends but you cant have male friends? major trust issue going on. and that sounds very controlling to me. I had an ex like that. he hated all my male friends and many of whom I met a a local bar, were all "losers" to him. but no his friends were perfect.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• fuck that!! if hes able to hang out with his little girly friends than you should be able to hang out with your guy friends unless he has something to hide, if hes accusing you of sleeping with em and you're not than hes probably guilty as is
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009