Rush Limbaugh and Charles the Vet.

I was just wondering if any of you heard this. A caller named Charles, who happens to be a veteran, had the gall to call Rush and disagree with him. In turn, Rush calls him a stupid idiot, not a real republican, etc.

For Rush fans, do you think the way he responded to this caller was acceptable or not?

I know this link is from ThinkProgress and I'm using it because it was the first link that came up. Please listen to the call and give your opinion.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/07/limbaugh-vet-torture/
Thanks!

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 8:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow. Ok, I didn't like Rush to start with but he went way too far on this one. I am just in shock right now after listening to that.
    Anonymous

• I think Rush expects all Republicans to think the same, which I find to be highly arrogant. People are entitled to agree to disagree and Rush should realize that. I consider myself Republican, but I have some Democratic views as well. I find it rare that there are people out there like Rush that NEVER reach across the aisle.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I just think he was so disrespectful to the caller. Yes, he called Rush "brainwashed" about torture but then Rush went on to say some vile and offensive things to him. I don't listen to Rush so I really have no idea what he's like on a daily basis and after listening to this, I never will. How you can be so disgustingly rude to a veteran is beyond me.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Sadly thats what he is paid to do. He is a shock jock and the more shocking he gets- the more people listen whether they like him or not. Sometimes I wonder if he truly means what he says. Or is he like Ann Coulter (tries to get his point across rudely, instead of politely)?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh, I didn't realize he was that type of commentator. I know that millions listen to him though. I like to listen to everyone, even if I don't agree so I can see the appeal in it. I just think at some point, a line shouldn't be crossed.

AC almost brings me to the point of nausea though.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• No offense, but this is a good example of how screwed up politics is right now. You either believe A or B and if you don't - f off. Sad isn't it?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I can't believe anyone even listens to him. Who the F is he anyway?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• RL does not represent politics, he represents A holes.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I wonder if he is being paid to destroy the republican party!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

LMAO!!! Him and Michael "I meant to do that" Steele!! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2009