• In the Spotlight:

Why did you get married?

And be honest with yourself, everybody's life isn't a fairytale. But I got married because he was going overseas and thought that being married would make things easier for us and out child. BIG F-ing MISTAKE! Now he's acting stupid about getting a divorced.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 8:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• insanity.. that's my only justifiable reason... and I was pregnant... ok and I loved him once when he was romantic and sweet. Now we're both crabby and tired and old and no one gives a crap anymore lol.I still love him.. but there are definately days when I look at him or I look at my unruly child and think... "remind me why I did this again?" lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 10:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• we got married b/c we were planning on it in a few years but then had a preg scare and i didnt have insurance, hes military and it would cover me, so we figured might as well do it now just in case. that was 7 yrs ago and we are still happy, so guess it works out diff for everyone
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It sure does. Hell the relationship was unhealthy when we got married.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• We got married because we loved being with each other. We had similar interests and similar ideas about major issues such as raising children, finances, dealing with family. I felt like half a person when he wasn't around. We got married so that in addtion to being "him and me," we because "us." But mainly, we liked and respected each other.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'll be honest, part of it was because I was preggo (six months the day we were married). But that wasn't the only reason. We enjoyed each others company and we make each other laugh. Yeah, now we fight, but I don't know anyone who doesn't fit with their SO at least once in a while. We have been together 7 years in June and we are still happily married (most of the time anyway lol).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i knew he was the one for me. he isn't perfect and neither am i. i never expected to find someone that was but someone that had the same beliefs and feelings as me enough to know that we could make the marriage work. so even if i thought maybe we rushed into it i don't think i would have it any other way. i know that we are both committed to the same equal level cause in our religion marriage is forever and that is what we desire in our hearts. an eternal marriage and eternal family. so no matter how hard or bad it gets we intend on plugging it through it all and being married for all eternity. if you must make it work with someone then i know that i'm making it work with the man that is best suited for me. it's all respect and love for each other with that why wouldn't it work.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Because we love each other and perfect for each other.
    Anonymous

• Because I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We could talk for hours, and we both stimulated each other mentally. So I knew when all the butterfly bullshit wore off we would still be able to talk to one another and be friends. We were able to discuss important issues, and I really thought about what it meant to be a military wife and how hard that truly was going to be. Marriage is hard under the best circumstances, and can be a disaster under the worst. Sorry about you not being able to work things out.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I was laid off and needed health insurance.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I'm not sure.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2009