i need help about post pardon depression its an emergency

im 21 one and i have a 5 month old and a 3 year old and i wqs diagnosed with post par5dom depression and my moms in africa and my daughters father thinks its all bullshit and doesnt help me qand i called him bc thebaby wont stop crying and i need him too come get her and my son but he says hes going out and i dont have any one else who can take them bc my sisters brothers live in ny and i feel like iwanna die and i dont know who too call I WILL NOT HURT THEM, but i dont know about myself and im scared hat there here all by themselves...i have heard of too manymoms snapping and ilove them too much someone please tell me what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Health

• Call 911
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 8:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Put the baby in it's crib or somewhere safe. Walk outside for a few minutes and breathe. The baby will be fine to cry for a minute. It sounds like you may be having a bit of a panic attack. I had severe PPD aftert the birth of my daughter. Have you tried taking medication? I was put on Lexapro, and it worked wonders. I suggest calling and making an appt with your doc tomorrow, bring your boyfriend, and together, learn how to get you some proper help. It is so common and so hard for us to go thru. Just take a deep breath.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Call the PPD hotline: 1-877-773-4673

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 8:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When i say walk outside, i don't mean walk away from your house...just like on the porch or something. If you feel like you might hurt yourself, please do call 911.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• tx2step is right. If you can, call social services. If you don't feel that you can find the number, then call 911. Take a breath. You need help.

Could you get to the ER? or call them?. but if you are desperate, call 911.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• http://northshorepostpartumhelp.org/resphone.htm

Try calling them. A 24 hour hotline. I hope you'll be alright.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• http://www.pregnancy.org/search/node/postpartum%20depression

There are a few great articles on this site. Click on the title in blue...even good resources for your boyfriend.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• and i have no car so i wouldnt even have a way too get out of here i will try too call that hotline
    Anonymous

• Are you okay, you havent responded in a few minutes. I just saw this post, and I agree with the advice above, just wated you to know sometone else is thinking of you and please call your Dr tomorrow and get on some meds, it really really helps.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Don't try to call the hotline - DO call the hotline, immediately.  It's free and it's supportive, no one is there to bash you or try to take your kids away.  They just want to help.  There is no excuse not to call.

Anonymous