Need help! New Mommy, and I don't know what all I will need once she is here. Any advice on a list of must have essentials that are not the basics I kinda know about?

Any more of you experienced mom's have any advice on all the baby- must have's that I might not think of when I am shopping these next couple months before my daughter is Born. This is my first child, so any help is appriciated.

ashliebrooke

Asked by ashliebrooke at 9:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a boppy!!! Its the one thing I cant live w/o
    My daughter is three and still uses it as a pillow.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• oh and one thing to NOT get would be a Diaper Genie. ugh, that thing sucked.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Agreed on the diaper genie, I also thought those wipe warmers were a waste of money, just hold it in your hand for a couple of seconds and it wont be so cold.

I kept a ton of little white gerber onesies stocked up. They are just so easy while your at the house. You can never have too many!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• For when the baby is brand new and still hard to hold on to and bathe they have those washclothes that already have soap in them, you just get them wet, thay helped me alot. And you know you have to get baby laundry soap, but get a huge bottle of like Spray-n-wash too for stains. And gas dropps, the generic mylicon drops work great and are cheaper. A humidifyer, alot of people will tell you that you can wait on this one, but the first time you will need it is gonna be at 3 in the morning and you will not feel like going to WalMart in the middle of the night. Infants Tyleol, and a good thermometer. And find a pediatrician before you have the baby, you can inetrview them before hand. You will need anough clothes to have 3-6 outfits a day. Start buying diapers and wipes ahead of time, you will use them, and if you have to many of one size then you can trade them in for a bigger one as long as they arent opened yet.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• bottle warmer, paci that is also a thermometer-love that one, baby nail clippers, 4 oz bottles, can of formula-EVEN if you are breastfeeding. burp cloths like crazy-I found kitchen towels worked best for us, booger sucker, gas drops, diaper rash ointment, if it's a boy Vaseline for his circumcision if you're doing that. I agree with everything AK aries said also, the pediatrician interview was really important to me and I'm glad we found ours before our son was born
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Is this shopping after your baby shower, or before? If its before your baby shower, i'd reccommend waiting to see what you get. :)

Lots and lots of baby wipes. Can't have too many blankets, they go through them like crazy with spit up and all. I love sleepers, anticipate changing her outfit a few times a day. Mabey get a nail file for your little one; Filing nails IMO, is better than using baby clippers or scissors. If you bottle feed, i would grab a bottle warmer. If you are going to breast feed, nab some breast pads and vitamin E ointment. (the all natural kind)
    Stock up on your baby medicine cabinet. Like infants tylenol, and motrin. Baby vapor rub, gas drops, patrolium jelly, Rubbing alcohol, ect...(sucks to need these things, and have to run out with a sick or fussy baby to get them.)
    EscVelocity

Answer by EscVelocity at 9:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• The miracle blanket!! You can order it online ;)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Reply to question about before baby shower or after, None of my family lives here in the area, so I am flying home next month, but they decided to send out a gift card shower invite only. Since, I can't really make the 114 hour drive to bring back gifts, I will have to buy everything myself with the help of the gift cards I will get at my shower.
    ashliebrooke

Answer by ashliebrooke at 10:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I mean 14 hour drive
    ashliebrooke

Answer by ashliebrooke at 10:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• BTW these are great answers, I wrote them all down. Thanks SOO Much. I would have never though of some of these. :)
    ashliebrooke

Answer by ashliebrooke at 10:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009